Thursday, July 21, 2011

Reflecting and Refreshing in Udaipur

This past Friday through Tuesday, our team went to Udaipur in Rajastan for a mid-summer excursion. We had a great time resting and reflecting together as a team. We were able to spend a half day with the L0rd to reflect on all the things He has been teaching us this summer. Each student came back from that time with new things to share and a renewed passion to be in India.

We also had the chance to do some fun things like swimming and shopping. We even got to see the new Harry Potter in 3D one night! I must say, I think the movie theaters are way better in India. It was only 100 rps to see the movie (i.e. $2 dollars) and we sat in really large, cushioned seats. It was great!

Another exciting adventure was taking a 12 hour night train from Udaipur back to I-town. I was nervous about how well we'd sleep, but everyone seemed to do fine! I did wake up a few times when trains passed us and honked their horns.

I'm so thankful for the time we had to reflect and bond together as a team. Please pr@y for us these final few weeks in I-town. Pray we would be bold and get after it!

The hotel we stayed at in Udaipur (I know, not too shabby right?!)
Jackson! We loved getting to spend extended time with his family!
Jack, Sambo, and Sarala
I love all of the bright colors in India!
Our entire group!
Our summer group

The beautiful lake in Udaipur

The men

All those little specks in the sky aren't birds...they're bats!!
The gorgeous view from a restaurant we ate dinner at one night

1 comment:

  1. Totally jealous of your vaca in Udaipur. Gooooorgeous! Did you write this, Jenna? Nice pictures. I'm now inspired to buy a camera. This is an expensive appreciation I now have.

    ReplyDelete