Monday, July 19, 2010

Two New Cities

Well we all would like to apologize for taking days to update our blog. We left went Agra last Tuesday by train and internet in Indore was highly expensive. Only a couple times in the few days we were in Agra did we get internet and that was from an internet cafe. While in Agra our team visited the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort, as well as some shops. I cannot tell ya'll what was bought because it may be for you. In fact I know some of them are for you. We also went to a movie theatre and for aproxately $5 we got recliner seats, popcorn and a drink and a showing of the new movie "Knight and Day"; and it was in English.
Saturday we arived in our new home for the next two weeks. Yesterday we went to a large Muslim Mosque and talked with several people. After that we went to a worship service here and were able to meet some local guys who are going to be helping us by translating. The service was very nice. They had a testimony time I shared about how the Lord has been encouraging me to be strong and courageous like he commanded Joshua when he was called to lead God's people. Today we went out around the city in groups with translators. Several of the groups were able to see some pretty cool things. My group saw several market areas and we went to the lake front. I think every group made their way to the lake front at some point. It was very beautiful. The water looked cleaner than any water I have seen in India yet and the area is very green. This city is much greener than the others we've been to and there is some really beautiful landscape here. Nothing like what we have in the US really but it is still beautiful. I really enjoy that part personally.
Yesterday I read Joshua chapter 3 and read about when the Israelites crossed over into Jordan. In verse 15 we read that the priest bearing the ark of the Lord stepped into the Jordan River and at that time in was flood season so the river was rushing and coming out over the edges. As I read that the Lord showed me how it must have taken those priest much faith to step into rushing waters with such a load. The priests had to step out in their faith and trust the Lord would provide a way for them at that time. It reminded me that here in India and even back home when an obstacle arises in my path or when there is a burden that seem unbearable or task impossible I need to just trust the Lord and also step out in faith. This is not as easy at it seems because my faith is so minuscule at times, however, every time I lack the faith I need the Lord does something or provides me some way to be reminded of His power might and the way He always provides. As you all are involved in your areas in the US with work, school, family, etc. Remember to be strong and courageous in the Lord and step out faith and know that he will provide like he always does. We all send our love to all of you. Keep pr@ying for our time and you are all in our pr@yers as well.
Walker Suits

No comments:

Post a Comment